Amalgamation, meaning to combine or unite into one form, has several uses:
- Amalgamation (mining), the process of separation of precious metals from ore.
- Amalgamation (history), a now largely archaic term for the interbreeding of people of different ethnicities and "races".
- Amalgamation (business), the result of mergers of companies
- Amalgamation, an EP released by the band Pop Will Eat Itself in 1994.
- Amalgamation (politics), in geopolitics, refers to the joining of two or more administrative units.
- Free product with amalgamation, in mathematics, especially group theory, an important construction
- Amalgamation is a construction in model theory, a subfield of mathematical logic
- Amalgamation (fiction), the concept of creating an element in a work of fiction by combining existing things
- Amalgamation (names), the strategy of naming something after a combination of existing names
- Conflation, also known as "idiom amalgamation", the combination of two expressions.
- Amalgamation, another name for a trade union, chiefly used in the United Kingdom
Amalgam is the name given to the product of an amalgamation process. However, amalgam may also refer to (as part of a formal name):
- Amalgam, in chemistry, mining and dentistry, is the result of blending mercury with another metal or alloy
- Amalgam Comics, a metafictional American comic book publisher
- Amalgam, Gauteng, a suburb in South Africa
- Amalgam Digital, a record label
- Amalgam Virgo, a field training exercise
- Amalgam, a fictional organization in Full Metal Panic!
Amalgamated usually means something that has undergone amalgamation. However, amalgamated may also refer to (as part of a formal name):* Anglo-Amalgamated, a British film production company from the 1930s to the 1970s, responsible for some of the early "Carry On" films
- Amalgamated Broadcasting System, a short-lived American radio network during the 1930s
- Amalgamated Motor Cycles Ltd
- Fleetway Publications. formerly known as "Amalgamated Press".
- Amalgamated Studios
- Amalgamated Wireless Australasia Limited
- Amalgamated Fluorodynamics is a fictional company in the Half-Life mod Science and Industry
- Amalgamated (1917 automobile), car manufactured by the Amalgamated Machinery Corp.
- Chesham Amalgamations, a British mergers and acquisitions broking company
- Amalgamated Society of Engineers (Australia)
- Dominica Amalgamated Workers' Union
- In Botswana
- Botswana Railways Amalgamated Workers' Union
- National Amalgamated Central, Local & Parastatal Manual Workers' Union, a Botswana-based organisation
- In New Zealand
- In the United Kingdom
- In the United States and Canada
- Amalgamated Association of Iron and Steel Workers, a historical trade union
Amalgamated Clothing Workers of America
- Amalgamated Bank of Chicago, a bank founded in 1923 by the ACWA and now owned by UNITE HERE
- Amalgamated Meat Cutters, a North American trade union
- Amalgamated Transit Union, a U.S. and Canada based union
interfusion in German: Amalgamation
interfusion in French: Amalgamation
admixture, alloy, alloyage, amalgam, amalgamation, blend, blending, coalescence, combination, comminglement, commingling, commixture, composition, eclecticism, fusion, immixture, integration, interlarding, interlardment, interminglement, intermingling, intermixture, interpenetration, interspersion, merger, mingling, mixing, mixture, pluralism, syncretism